Wow...I have a 6th grader, a 3rd grader, and a 1st grader.
This year the first day of school was like none other that we have experienced so far. There were no complaints of nervousness, no tears (although there were no tears last year either), no one holding tight to my hand wishing that I would stay with them for a few more minutes. It was the easiest drop off ever. It was nice. I am proud of my confident girls. Jenna and Taylor each have teachers that they have had before, so I think that helped, and Melia found a friend just as I was leaving her at her class room door. I have been thinking of them all day and hoping that they are doing as well as I think they are...they all have great teachers, great friends, and a good knowledge of what is expected of them. This is going to be another good year for all three of them.
It has been a quiet morning. Devin and I made a quick trip to Walmart to get a few things that I needed to finish my homework and then he watched a cartoon while I finished up part of my assignment. It is quite in the house now since he is sleeping. For the first time in two months, I will be able to get my homework done with no interruptions and no blaring TV in the background. How nice for me...that part of my life has been stressful this summer and I look forward to being able to focus on the last month of this class is a more stress free environment.
Pictures will be coming later. I have been unable to locate my camera since the move, so I used Tayl0r's this morning and don't have time to download all of the pictures right now.
Here's to the first day of school and what looks to be another wonderful school year!
Monday, August 2, 2010
First day of school 2010
Posted by Monica at 12:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment