Monday, December 15, 2008

Dang Technology!!!!!

Why did all of my electronic gadgets decide to break on the same day??? Hello-don't they know how much I rely on them? Don't think they care that they are causing some difficulties in my life right now.


Friday morning I woke up to find that our decoder box to our satellite would not turn on. Disappointing...Loren is out of town for the next two days...how will I entertain myself in the evenings? Not to mention the kids! Oh well, I decide, we'll just listen to lots and lots of Christmas music...LOTS of it! Not so. My CD player broke less that 2 hours into our music marathon. What to do??? Find a replacement of course!

So instead of my wonderful 5 disc CD changer with great speakers...


I have been forced to listen to this lovely piece of...junk, really.

Loren brought this home from work. He found it. Someone else had decided that it was worthless...It's all warped and cracked, and your wouldn't believe how hard you have to slam the CD lid down in order to close it... but it works in a pinch and I have actually been grateful for it the past few days :)!

As for the TV...well we watched a few movies and discovered that we actually can get a few channels...the picture is horrible, but we can at least catch the news. The best part was realizing that the kids can entertain themselves without it and that is a very good thing to know! Loren on the other hand has decided that he would rather starve than go permanently without a TV (he wants his ESPN!)

Oh yeah...I forgot to mention that Jenna also dunked one of our phones in a sink full of water and it could not be saved. At least we have two others strung through out the house to use!
What will break next? Please don't let it be any of my major appliances...I don't want to pay to replace them right now!

0 comments: