To the previous owner of our new house...
Thank you for painting your bathroom such a horrible shade...
we have spent hours trying to cover up your creativity and I spent most of them cursing you...
I am grateful that you didn't get the great idea to paint your bedroom the same color. It was much easier to cover up the white.
I am sure I will spend more time thinking nice thoughts of you when I have to paint the loft, stairs, and upstairs hall ways...The yellow is just not working for us, and thankfully it has already been covered up down stairs.
Today we get to begin the process of fixing the mistake that you made when you picked the tile downstairs. Really, what were you thinking...Gold...who picks out shimmery gold tile? I have questioned your thinking many times and I know I will some more as we spend this day trying to right your wrong. I will try once again to think nice thoughts, but know that I will probably fail miserably.
Thank you as well for taking the surround sound speakers. I have enjoyed having 6 large holes in the ceiling of my living room.
Those things aside, I do appreciate the fact that you didn't take the refrigerator with you when you left. That saved me lots of money. I also appreciate the fact that it appears that you cleaned you house before you left. Honestly, the floor boards in you bathroom are much cleaner that mine are currently. I am also glad that your taste in carpet is better that your taste in tile. A good cleaning should make it good as new...another big expense saved. We do wish that you would have sprung for the jetted tub in the master bath. I would have liked that, but we can't win them all I guess...
Sincerely,
Monica
P.S. Check back soon for pictures of the progress we have made so far!
Saturday, June 26, 2010
A letter
Posted by Monica at 7:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
That's funny Monica!
HAHAHAHA I love that letter, that really made me laugh.
So....I've been in the process of painting my house.....and as I'm putting the deep dark red upon my white walls, I wonder to myself, if the next owner will be cursing me as well. Oh well I guess, it's great for me. But, I wouldn't choose gold tile either. Good luck!
Post a Comment