So, I tried to think of a really great title for this post,
But nothing great came to mind.
So I stuck to the lame and unimaginative
to describe something that has
FINALLY
happened...
We bought this on Monday:
It's about time!
We had been waiting
and then looking
for a long time...
I guess our patience finally paid off.
Here are a few more pics:
However, due to my workaholic husband,
the plants have been trimmed
the pool has been scrubbed, refilled, and now sparkles
and the funky paint is currently in the process
of being toned down.
All this and its only been in our possession for 4 days!
Here's how it went down...
We bought our new home at the foreclosure auction...
great deal on a great house!
Upon hearing that we won the bid,
Loren came home from work and
We let the kids explore a little.
Then we came home to have dinner.
As we're eating Loren says
Lets go clean up the front yard."
OK
We also had the rekey the lock to the front door that night.
Tuesday evening was clean out the pool night.
(That was a long night.)
Wednesday was clean up the back yard
while the kids play in the half full pool night.
Thursday was paint till you drop night.
(another long night.)
Today Loren took half the day off so that we can
paint the trim that will be put up tomorrow.
We will also be spending our date night tonight
PAINTING.
Still on the list:
*tear out the tile
*replace the tile
*scrub out the scary something that got spilled in the bottom of the fridge
*figure out the sprinklers so that the half dead plants won't become all the way dead
*paint, paint, paint
*put up crown moulding, along with new base board and window trim
*ceiling fans
*washer and dryer
*patch the 6 holes in the ceiling since the previous owners took their speakers with them
*figure out how to cover up the doggy door
*new blinds
As you can see the list is long
and on top of all of this,
I am taking a class this summer.
But I am not going to complain...
We have been dreaming of a bigger home
for a long time.
We need more space
So this is a huge blessing for us.
I am just glad it finally happened...
FINALLY.




8 comments:
Yea! You are going to be our neighbors! And you have a pool! :-)
You probably don't want to post here, but which street are you on? I'm curious to see what you do with the paint/floors etc.
Congrats! I am so happy for your family...and for us, that you will be sticking around!
Yippy!!! I love your house, so beautiful. Can't wait to see you this week and have the grand tour! Love you guys!
Hooray!!! What a great looking place!!!
Yay!! Congratulations :). I know you so desperately needed more space and am so thrilled for you guys!
It's beautiful!! I love it!! I'm so happy for you and your family, you deserve it!
Yeah! That is an amazing home! Good luck getting any sleep while you guys are doing everything on your list. It'll look like a million dollars when your done with it!
Yay!! It looks so nice! I'm sure you'll love it even more once you do everything you would like to... We've been waiting to hear back on a short sale (since February). Hopefully we can say that we own a home soon, too. =) And our post will probably have the same title... =)
I'm just now looking at everyone's blog from the summer. Congrats on the new house--I love that layout! Are you just loving your pool? We have used ours daily--it has made our summer sooooo much nicer. We miss you guys! It would be fun to get together one of these days!
Post a Comment