Sunday, August 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Melia!


Today is Melia's 9th birthday. I can hardly belive she is 9 years old. How quickly the time has flown by...Seems like only yesterday that she was born. I can easily say that I don't miss the many hours that I spent trying to get her to stop crying(she was colicky as a baby)! However, I can't believe she is so grown up! She is a good helper, a wonderful student, and a very bright and talented member of our family.

So here is a 9 for 9 tribute for my baby girl who is getting to be so grown up


NINE IMPORTANT FACTS ABOUT MELIA


1. Melia is the oldest grandchild on both side of the family


2. Melia is actually quite responsible, and loves to be "in charge"


3. Melia loves to read


4. Melia is an excellent student-we are so proud of her for always trying hard and doing her best


5. Melia is very good about reminding us to read scriptures


6. Melia LOVES dessert-especially ice cream


7. Melia whines when she doesn't get her way


8. Melia likes to ride her bike, dance (she misses clogging so much!), sing, jump rope, swim, and playing with friends-she is now trying out gymnastics with Taylor


9. Melia is very helpful when asked nicely...and especially likes to help entertain Devin

We love her so much and appreciate the person she is growing into!


I was going to scan in a few of her baby pics (funny to think that digital cameras were not a common thing 9 years ago!) so you all could see how sweet she was as a baby, but the scanner isn't working. maybe I'll be able to add some in later.


We have had a busy weekend full of birthday celebrations with her friends and our family that live nearby. Friday night we had a party with her friends. Hannah Montanna is her latest obsession, so that was the theme. All she wanted to do for her party was swim. It was nice...the whole thing was outside so I didn't have to clean up inside :) ! The kids had fun, they swam, ate pizza, swam some more, opened gifts and had cake, and then swam some more. Easy to plan...low stress for me.






Saturday we had a family dinner. My sister Mel came with her family, and Loren's brother Jeff came with his family. It was a nice evening. We ate nachos (once again EASY!), ate more cake-this time with ice cream, and some of the kids swam. We enjoy having family close by so that we can enjoy time together.





I think I've had enough cake this weekend to last me a while!

1 comments:

Becky said...

Happy Birthday Melia!

Looks like it was a great party Monica.