Devin is 8 months old today! As he grows and the milestones continue to rack up I realize that my baby will soon be a baby no more. I have so enjoyed Devin's baby days. Maybe because he is my last baby(pending a "surprise")...maybe because he is just so darn sweet...maybe because I have come to realize that they really do grow up fast. What ever the reason-I have enjoyed having my sweet baby boy in the house.


Big accomplishment for the month...he learned to scoot. I won't call it crawling because he is not on hands and knees. It is rather an army crawl...just like his biggest sister Melia. Melia got so fast at the army crawl that she never did do the traditional crawl. Devin does attempt to get up on his knees...so maybe he'll figure it out in the coming days.
*attention!!!check back for videos mentioned below...i can't get them to attach. I'll keep trying, so if you are interested in seeing them try again in a day or two.
I took a couple of quick videos of him-the first is 6 days ago when he was first trying out his scooting skills. If you have your sound on, you will also hear him spitting. Spitting is also a new and favorite activity of his-he especially likes to do it right when I have put a spoonful of any type of food in his mouth!
This next one I took today, so you can see the progress he has made.
He is totally mobile now...Nothing is safe anymore!
He can get into the kitchen and loves to hang out under the table.

This of course means that I have to sweep at least twice a day. I also have to tell the girls quite often that it is OK for him to go on the tile...How am I supposed to keep him confined to the small patch of carpet in our living room?
Weight update--I had to take him to the doctor this week because of a lingering fever and he weighed in at 19 pounds 7 ounces. Big boy! he'll be my first to break the 20 pound mark before the first birthday.





1 comments:
oh I just love devin so much! That picture of him under the table is just too cute, I want to kiss his adorable face so bad! oh and I LOVE your new family pics!!! They are great! and your whole page is new and looks really good. I'll check back for the videos, I really want to see them.
Post a Comment