This post may be a little long to read, if anybody actually still checks my blog to see if it has been updated. I know it has been a long time. I never inteded the break to be this long, but it is what it is, and now I will make an attempt to catch up. Read on if you like.








-------------------------------------------------------------
Sick, sick, sick
That is how we have spent the last few weeks. Various forms of illnesses in varying degrees of severity. Everyones seems mostly better for now. Poor Devin got the worst of it I think. He got an ear infection with bronchiolitis to go along with it. Poor little guy was anything but happy for a few days. I came downsatirs one evening to find him like this:
Thank goodness for antibiotics!
--------------------------------------------------------------
A NEW ADVENTURE
--------------------------------------------------------------
A NEW ADVENTURE
This time the adventure is for me! I have gone back to school. The eventual goal is Dental Hygeine, but after doing some research I have discovered that the schools in Phoenix are SUPER competitive! You can't get in without some experience in Dental Assisting. So for now I am doing a dental assisting program and will spend some time working to get some experience while I also work on prerequisites. It is alot of work...especially since i have been out of school for nearly 10 years, but I am finding that I am enjoying it.
------------------------------------------------------------
SOCCER
All three of the girls have been playing in a local soccer league. They have practice during the week and play their games on Saturday morning. It has been fun to go and watch them. Here are some pictures from their first week:
All three of the girls have been playing in a local soccer league. They have practice during the week and play their games on Saturday morning. It has been fun to go and watch them. Here are some pictures from their first week:
It has been fun and impressive to see them improve. Melia and Taylor have done an especially good job learning the rule and improving their skills. They aren't as timid as we thought they woud be and they really seem to enjoy it. Jenna is in the younger age group, so for her it is a little different. We count the game successful if she has kicked the ball at least once and doesn't walk off the field in the middle of playing because she is tired :)!
Their last game is coming up, and while we will miss it, it will be nice (for me) to be a little less busy!
-------------------------------------------------------------
The Fruits of our Labor
The orange tree in our back yard finally has oranges on it! The kids have been so excited to pick them and see if they taste as good as they look. We don't think they are ripe yet, but can't be sure since this is the first year anything has grown on it!

--------------------------------------------------------------
A LITTLE BRAGGING
Melia and Taylor were both recognized for their very good grades this month. Both were on the Principal's list-that means straight A's. I am so proud of them for working hard and always doing their best! The pictures aren't the best quality...too dark in the school gym, but I have to post them anyways-because that is what mom's do :)


-------------------------------------------------------------
WHEW! Well, there you go! I am officially caught up! Check back if you like...I promise not to get so behind again.




3 comments:
Sounds like you guys have been busy. Good luck with school. I think dental hygiene and dental assisting seem like good jobs. Hope your oranges are yummy and that you enjoy more sick-free time.
That was a very fun update you did! I can't believe that fruit actually finally grew! Watch, now it won't taste good ha ha! I didn't know you got to wear scrubs to school, you look cool, like a super smart doctor! That look is good for you :)
That is a great update Monica! Sounds like so many fun things (other than the sickness). I had no idea you had gone back to school--good for you!
Loved all the fun photos too...
Post a Comment