Over the weekend we celebrated Melia's tenth birthday. I questioned many times how I could possibly have a 10 year old and never came up with an adequate answer. I guess we officially have in our home what they call a "pre teen". If this is pre teen I hate to think what we will experience in a few year when the real teen years hit!
Anyhow, we had a great weekend complete with 2 parties and lots of food & cake!
On Saturday evening we invited some of Melia's friends over for a pizza/movie party. We also played a few games that Melia helped pick out. Everyone seemed to have a good time and we met two of Melia's new friends from school (that was an interesting experience! Perhaps I will be able to go into more detail about that in another post.) Loren and I got her a CD player to have in her room. She was excited about it and has spent the last couple of days dragging around the house with her, playing it way too loud so that we have to shout over it in order to have a conversation...she really is almost a teenager, isn't she?

Sunday evening we had our family over for dinner. It was so nice to get to see everyone! My mom was able to come which made Melia SO happy-it's been a while since we got to see her and all of the kids were excited to have Grandma here. Both of my sisters also came with their families and we had a good time visiting with everyone.
In closing, I must add the following:
Melia is a wonderful daughter. She is bright and fun to be around. She knows right from wrong and more often than not, she chooses right. She loves her family and gets along well with her sisters when she lets herself. She is growing up as sometimes that causes her to be "to old" to have fun with them. She loves her baby brother and is a big help with him. We are definately in those "in between years" where she is to old to be treated like a little kid, but not old enough to be treated like a grown up. As we navigate this unfamiliar territory we butt heads from time to time...it is so hard to let her grow up. As we try to let go and give her more responsibility, we pray that Heavenly Father will lead us in the right direction and watch over her as she becomes the wonderful young woman she is meant to be.




1 comments:
the end of that made me cry Monica! I know all about uncharted territory, I think every parent does! But I'm just happy that you pray about it, I have learned lately that you really can't do anything unless Heavenly Father is involved with raising these beautiful spirits we have!
Post a Comment