Thursday, August 20, 2009

Devin


Devin has been hard to deal with the past few days. And I am left to question to myself (because there is no one else here) "why is he SO grouchy?"

*is he teething? Can't tell

*is he board? Probably

*is he hungry? He shouldn't be...he begs for snacks all morning long...and usually gets them to stop the fit he throws when I say no...I'm spoiling him huh.

*is he sleepy? The answer to that always seems to be yes, even an hour after he wakes up.

*is he just having "one of those days"? I guess we're all entitled to have bad days every now and then, but everyday for nearly a week...that's stretching it.

*is he just determined to make me miserable along with him? Most definately!

All that aside, I love my little boy. Even when he has spent the whole day getting on my nerves and making huge messes, he always does amazingly cute things that make me think that in the end he is a sweetheart. He is learning lots of words that sound like nothing really unless you're his mom. Here are some of them:

"wa-wa"-this means "I want that" and is used for all things that he wants

"kee-coo"-this means cookie...seems to be mixing up the syllables

"oosh"-shoes obviously

"Da-ee"-Daddy

"MA!"-always said in a very loud voice

He also has unique ways to pronounce sisters, kitty, stairs, snack, and nice. He says baby, wet and dog very well.

He is a pro at climbing the stairs now and has a very entertaining way of going down...I need to try to record it before he stops. He slides down on his tummy, feet first. Sometimes he goes so fast he looks like a snake, slithering down the stairs backward!

1 comments:

Melanie Hahn said...

Love this pic of him! I like that you described him as a snake coming down the stairs, that's so funny!