Sounds like the punchline to a strange joke right. Perhaps it is as it seems that my life is quite the joke sometimes! Actually, the title of this post is a list of only a few thing that we have been up to lately.
Today all three girls had dentist appointments. We lost our dental insurance about a year and a half ago...it got reinstated on the first of this month. Yeah for us. I had actually been saving up to pay for the monstrous bill we were going to have and had made this appointment before the kids started school AND before we knew we were going to get our insurance back. We look at it as a small (OK BIG) blessing that we were able get the insurance started up again before we paid for this out of our own pockets. Anyways, I know what not going to the dentist for a year and a half can do to a kiddo's mouth! So, I held my breath as the dentist checked all of their little teeth and then turned to me with (could it be???) GOOD NEWS!!!! Mostly anyway. Jenna has two cavities (could be worst...jenna is our "sugar bug"). They suggested sealants for Taylor's molars (which we will do). Melia has a small cavity on a baby tooth that they aren't going to fill because it is loose...we won't talk about the impending need for braces that will empty my bank account. All in all better than I expected. I'll take it with much thankfulness that it wasn't worse.
Next...the visitor. It wasn't a welcomed one mind you. This lovely little creature somehow got in the house...
I saw him yesterday at lunch time as I was putting Devin in his chair. First I grabbed the camera because I thought this would make a good story. He was really trying to find a way out so I tried to carefully open the door so he could just leave. I crossed my fingers that he wouldn't run away...I didn't want to chase him down! Unfortunately my "plan" didn't work. When I opened the door, Devin (who by the way hadn't noticed the "visitor") looked over to see what I was doing and saw the lizard for the first time. My opening the door scared the lizard and so it started to run away...of course it headed right for Devin's chair. Can you guess what happened? Devin screamed at the top of his little boy lungs in absolute terror.
I was a little surprised that he reacted the way he did. Our back yard is infested with lizards and he likes to watch them throught the patio door (Taylor, ever the tom boy, likes to catch them.) Apparently, close up is a little too much for our little guy. He was not a fan of our visitor. Luckily, the lizard left while I tried to calm Devin down. I hope he doesn't come back.
"Take me out to the ballgame"...the girls earned D-back tickets over the summer and so we took them to see the D-backs on Saturday. We sat in crappy seats at almost the top, which the kids thought was great!
Honestly, we were in the 28th row...it was a lot of stairs to climb. We ate lots of candy, peanuts, and cotton candy


and left in the 8th inning because everyone except Loren was bored. Jenna started begging to go home sometime around the 4th inning and didn't stop until we actually left. Then as we were leaving our seats she looks up at me and says, "It was fun to stay so long Mommy. I wish we could stay longer." WHAT?!?!?! Devin LOVED it. He kept pointing to the field and saying "B-BALL!" 
For the most part it was a fun family night...I just wish the library would give out movie vouchers instead of D-back tickets.




0 comments:
Post a Comment