Who thought up the idea of prelit Christmas trees anyway? Oh sure, you think it is a GREAT idea...you never have to string lights on a tree again! Hoorray...I hate that part! It will be oh so easy from now on. And it is...for the first couple of years anyway. We have had our wonderful prelit tree for 4 Christmases. Last year when we set it up, there were a couple of branches that wouldn't light. We tested every light and could find no reason why they were inexplicably not lit. Oh well, we turned them to the wall and no one was the wiser! No such luck this year...
Last night we pulled out our not so trusty prelit tree and found that an entire section in the middle was not working and a little section at the tippy top... now we have a striped tree. Not about to test every light again, we drug out our last remaining sting of white lights and added it to the middle section. The tippy top is still not lit...we don't have a string of lights to use there. It may stay dark up there this year...Hopefully it won't look so bad once we decorate it tonight!
Here is a pic of the tree before we deocorate it...notice the non lit top. I didn't get one taken before we added lights to the middle...I should've...It looked oh so cool when it was striped.





1 comments:
Who would've thought?! I never did think of that happening! Maybe the "old" kind is better.
Can't wait to see you at Christmas, we'll have fun counting the presents :) And Loren can call us greedy...I SO missed that last year :) ha ha
Post a Comment