I feel like I have gone MIA or something...missing in the land of sick kids, house work, more sick kids, car pooling, me getting sick...the WHOLE family getting sick...and then trying to put the house back together again.
So here is a little of what we have been up to lately...
IT FINALLY CAME!
If you have read any of the previous posts you know that Taylor's birthday gift from us didn't make it on time...she was one disappointed kid :( The coveted Barbie Girl mp3 player finally arrived at our door the day after her birthday. This particular MP3 has songs on it of course, but also hooks up to the computer and gives them access to a Barbie Girl web site where they can play games...I must mention that Melia got one of these little treasures last Christmas. The result of having two of them in the house is that my computer is always occupied with Barbie Girl, and Loren's is too when he is home. I feel like my computer has been taken hostage!
WE WENT TO THE FALL FESTIVAL AT VISTA
Sadly, I forgot my camera...but the kid's school put on a fun carnival with games and prizes and COTTON CANDY (we weren't allowed to leave until each of the kids had their own card board cone piled high with the sweet sticky stuff!) Each of the kids won a gold fish at one of the booths. You should have seen how excited they were! (I can't say that I shared in their enthusiasm) We put them in a vase when we got home and then went to buy fish food at Walmart (this was on a Friday night) Sadly, one was dead when we woke up the next morning...and another by lunch. The last one survived until somewhere around 5:00 Sunday evening. I only know the appox. time because it was alive when we got home from church and was dead when we sat down for dinner. Sad, I know. The girls were disappointed that their pets had passed on ...
DEVIN FINALLY GOT HIS 9 MONTH CHECK UP
I am perpetually behind on his checkups...he was past his 10 month birthday before I got him in...but here are his stats..19 pounds 3 ounces. 28 3/4 inches long He is in the 50 percentile for both. He also got 5 shots.WE ALL GOT THE STOMACH FLU
I won't gross you out with any details, but suffice it to say that we all came down with it in the same 24 hour period. It wasn't fun at the time, but now we are all better, and I am glad that we got it over with all at once! Now no one will be sick at Thanksgiving and I don't have to spend the next week wondering who will be the next one to get it! (I can find the good in any situation!) I do have one little complaint...I missed seeing Twilight this weekend because of it :(
I won't gross you out with any details, but suffice it to say that we all came down with it in the same 24 hour period. It wasn't fun at the time, but now we are all better, and I am glad that we got it over with all at once! Now no one will be sick at Thanksgiving and I don't have to spend the next week wondering who will be the next one to get it! (I can find the good in any situation!) I do have one little complaint...I missed seeing Twilight this weekend because of it :(
Instead of Twilight with friends, we had a movie party with the girls. We watched Nim's Island (such a cute show), ate pop corn and giant pretzels, and drank soda! (Obviously, we were all feeling better by now so that we could eat all of this wonderful yummyness!




1 comments:
You have been missing...I've been wondering when you'd post something again. You get the greatest pictures of Devin! I love that one of him, can't wait to kiss his sweet face again!
Still haven't seen twilight? I guess I COULD go a 3rd time ha ha! I does get better each time, so why not?!
Post a Comment