Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Weird Occurances

Weird things happen her in our house. It is a fact that I have come to accept and don't question. I do often wonder why the weird happenings seem to revolve around the technical electrical gadgets that someone decided were necessary for life to continue on with "convenience".

Last week our printer decided to quite working. It seemed as though the command to print got lost somewhere in the little wire that leads from the computer to the printer. The computer said it was printing, put the printer was just sitting there quitely minding its own business. This was the case for about a week. Annoying for someone like me who NEEDS to print things. We naturally tried everything we could think of to make the thing work and had come to the conclusion that we would have to get a new one. Then one night or very early morning, depending on how you want to think about it, (it was 3:30 am after all) the stupid thing began to print whatever jobs were waiting to be printed. Seriously???? What's the deal? It woke up Loren and I and a couple of the kids too. It has been acting strangely ever since picking a choosing the times that it will oblige us with its services. At least it consented to print Melia's science fair project/report which was due today.

On a more annoying note, I can't seem to get my most recent pictures to download off of my memory card. On it were pictures from Devin's second birthday party and a recent trip to the zoo. Luckily, Melia and Taylor both had their cameras at these events which was annoying at the time, but will now assure that I have at least something, although who knows what the quality will be.

2 comments:

Sarah, Abbey, and Clara said...

How FUNNY!!! Don't you hate modern technology sometimes? It's not "always" so convenient.

Melanie Hahn said...

stupid printer HAHA!! I was laughing while reading, although you probably don't think it's very funny...