Thursday, September 8, 2011

We'll call it a success

Melia did leave the orthodontist's office with braces on her top teeth today.

So we'll call today successful
and
We'll ignore the following facts:
*The office opened 30 minutes late
*Melia freaked out so it took forever to get the bands on her molars
*those two things combined caused me to be late dropping Devin off at preschool
*All of these facts caused me to be stressed out!

On the positive side:
*Melia did go to school without too much fuss(that alone is reason to call this a successful day.) We even got her there early enough that she was only marked tardy instead of absent for half the day
*the orthodontist gave us a $25 gift card since we had to wait so long. That almost made the wait worth it...almost.

If Melia will allow me to take a picture of her with her new colorful braces I will post it here:

If she won't let me take one, then I will tell you this...she picked bright green and purple rubberbands. And I think she looks cute with braces on her teeth.

1 comments:

Mandy Christian said...

Monica, I didn't know that she got them today. Just want To let you know...I was in pain the first day and it hurt to eat. Be patient and good luck!!