* Thank goodness August is over. It know it is still ridiculously hot, but at least we are a little closer to cooler weather. September just sounds better that August...I'll try to block out the fact that it is over 110 degrees today.
* Speaking of the heat...the AC in my car has been having troubles since APRIL. Last week we took it in AGAIN, and they supposedly fixed it. We dropped some major cash this time and guess what...it STILL isn't working. I'm sure glad I paid them all that money to have it still blow hot air on me everytime I drive it. It is going back on Saturday and if they don't fix it this time I just might kill them. And might I add...we have been having record breaking heat for the past 2 weeks!!! What a time to have AC troubles.
*My hot car is actually saving me some money. I have no desire to drive it anywhere, so I haven't been spending much money at the store. That's me trying to find something positive about this miserable situation.
* The girls are all doing well in school so far. We got progress reports at the end of last week, and I was happy with what I saw.
* Devin is loving having the house to himself while his sisters are away at school. He gets to play with what ever her wants with out his bossy sister's butting in.
*Melia is getting braces next week. I can honestly say that her mouth is a complete disaster and I was't a bit surprised when they told us she might have them on for 2 1/2 years. She is not happy. So far she is the only one in her group of friends to get braces and I think she is a bit self conscious about that. Also she thinks her mouth is gonna hurt like crazy and she should therefore be allowed to stay home from school. I told her that she likely won't be missing school due to braces.
*Taylor also had a consult with the orthodontist and we learned that she will be getting 3 more teeth pulled at some point in the future. Braces will be used to close the gaps. Luckily they said at least a year before we are ready for that. Thank goodness...how will I pay for 2 kids in braces at once?
*Piano lessons for the girls today. They are really looking forward to it since there has been a gap between lessons due to sickness. They seem to really enjoy playing so far and all of them have worked ahead in their books.
*Three day weekend coming up! Everyone has Monday off. I only enjoy three day weekends when Loren gets to help me entertain the kids. I hope we actually get to spend some time relaxing. The pool has been calling out to all of us, but with homework and other activites, we don't have as much time to be out in it as we used to. Plus the water is like 90 degrees...a little to warm to be enjoyable.
Thursday, September 1, 2011
Thursday thoughts
Posted by Monica at 1:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment