Thursday, September 22, 2011

Blessings

While the blessings I see daily in my life are too numerous to count, I thought I would point out a few biggies that have happened in the last few days:

1. we found a renter for our house. This is a big deal for us. Last time it took us 6 weeks (and numerous showings) to find a renter. This time it took 3 days, one showing, and not too much stress. I hope he is everything the old renter isn't (quiet, and on time with the rent). Most importantly, we won't have to dig into our savings to pay even one mortgage payment. He moves in right after the old renter moves out.

2. I was really sad to find out that our piano teacher had decided to quit teaching. Then I started looking for a new teacher...I found that others in the are charge ALOT more for lessons. I was beginning to wonder what I was going to have to cut from the budget in order to pay for lessons for 3 kids. And then I found someone in our ward who was willing to teach for exactly the same amount as I have been paying. It will put a lot less stress on our finances and the girls will really enjoy learning from her.

3. We finally got all of the rent money from our renter. Now we can afford to clean the carpets and repaint all the room where her kids wrote on the walls (no, I'm not kidding about that.) I truely never knew that renting a home could be so stressful. I hope the new guy doesn't trash the place. At least he doesn't have any kids who will write on the walls with sharpie markers and nail polish (no, I'm not kidding.)

1 comments:

Mandy Christian said...

Oh my gosh Monica! I hope you are not giving her a deposit back!